Thursday, February 24, 2005

Fun New Game

I am feeling way better today than I was on Monday. The spotting has stopped, and the cramps are intermittent and rare. I'm feeling very grateful, and hoping that we hear everything is just fine at next week's appointment.

If you had told me what an affinity I'd feel for my gramp during this pregnancy, I would have thought you a little strange. I mean, aren't I supposed to be identifying with the women on the cover of Fit Pregnancy? What in the world could an 82 year-old man have in common with a pregnant 30 year-old?

Well, let me tell you. It has become a fun, new game I like to play- I call it pregnant or elderly? It's pretty simple, I list a symptom, and you guess if it is of a pregnant 30 year-old or an 82 year-old man. Ready?

Frequent trips to the bathroom in the wee hours?

Reliance on daily doses of Metamucil to facilitate bathroom success?

Muscle aches and pains, everywhere, all the time?

Regular insomnia?

Continual mood disturbances, willingness to tell those little bastards to "get off my lawn!"

See? Hours of fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Well, I play that game too except it's called "Menopause or Elderly". Except in my case it's telling the jackasses across the street that 4am is NOT the time to be yelling goodbyes to each other outside my bedroom window. Yikes!! See what you have to look forward to?

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home