Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Johnny must not have gotten the memo on Mother's Day. He was up almost all night Saturday, I'm not even exaggerating a little.
He's been having some kind of sleep strike- since about Friday, I guess. He'll wake up crying, I'll sleepwalk down the stairs to rescue him and then remember that I HATE sleeping with him now. He's the opposite of cuddly and gentle, so about an hour after we've started to notcuddle, I walk back upstairs with scratched legs, pulled hair and broken ribs.
Now I'm exaggerating.

T and I were REALLY tired on Sunday, he'd worked until about 2:30 in the ayem, and I'd been up with the night owl for several hours. We had plans to brunch with his mom and BBQ with mine- so there weren't many nap opportunities for the buddy or his parents. I feared that all the notsleeping would result in some kind of yooge, world class meltdown, but we managed to keep our shit together for the most part. T and I almost got in a fight over a bratwurst, but thought better of it. I should think better of posting this photo, but it's the only one I've got to mark the day. Despite using all the tools at Picasa's disposal to blur myself into NOT LOOKING LIKE A MAN, I hate it, predictably.


How did that kid get to be so cute? Let's focus on his cuteness in a little more detail:



I mean, that is some serious cute.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, your boy is CUTE! What a sweetie! I'm sooooo looking forward to seeing you guys soon!
- Claire

P.S. The "man" was slang, not agreeance with you looking like man! You don't! You're CUTE, too!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Kelly he is so cute!! And like I told you Sunday, you look great. (What looking like a man?? Huh?? Can't see it)
PS- After I got home Sunday I remembered how I used to HATE IT when people said to my kids "give me a kiss" when they didn't want to. Now, I'm one of "them". Crap.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Brendan says "I agree with you Kelly, that is some serious cuteness! I mean, Look at him! By the end of the summer, I'll go Mad from not seeing him and his cuteness!" signed Brendan

P.S.And no, I didn't have any help doing this!

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home