Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Begin Again

You're still coming here, after all this time?



It's just that winter is taking FOREVER, and I am endlessly gloomy. Who wants to read about that? Faking it is not my strong suit, either. I am hoping that our trip to the desert will give me the solar power I need to get through February. I just know I'll feel like myself again in March, and if not then a big guy and a little guy I know may just demand a REFUND.

Said little guy is the best. Every day there is something new to laugh about and marvel over. He is finally growing hair and looks a little like Peter Boyle due to the crazy way it is coming in. The teeth keep breaking, and the drool keeps dripping. He's grown so much this month- it's wild. He's getting big boyish. He's into Backyardigans, Sandra Boynton, T-ball and bananas.


He puked on me for the first time earlier this month. G and her two boys were there to witness it, and G said later that while she is no stranger to the puking she had never seen quite so much puke in a single hurl. I really think that if she wouldn't have been there, Johnny and I would STILL be frozen in the spot between the dining room and the kitchen where it happened. It was that shocking. G and I now have no secrets- she has now seen me and my kid naked, and she knows that I hide all my laundry in my upstairs closet. She cleaned up the spew, and did the laundry while we cleaned ourselves up. There should be an award for a friend like that.

S also got in on the action during Hurlfest 2007- she brought over the pedialyte AND taught Johnny to puke in a bowl. He didn't puke in a bowl or again that night, but he still will lean over and mimic the puking. S said it was sweet revenge for me teaching her middle son to say "BIG DUMP" every time he filled his diapers. Heh.

We are well into our new round of classes for winter- Tot Rock and Toddler Time. They are fun, and I continue to like the moms I am meeting. They have also given us the opportunity to discover that John is fully terrified by bubbles. Bubbles. He will cower and do the lip pucker eye squinch combo - as though a bowling ball is hurtling through the air at his head rather than.... soap. I can't WAIT to make fun of him when he's old enough. Like, next month.

I have been sick for three weeks or so, and it sucks but that's winter for you. Stupid winter. Why don't I live in Hawaii?

The cute sweaters. It must be the cute sweaters that keep us here.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it's about time! As I told you on the phone, I was beginning to think this was "Baby Gone". He is just so freaking cute - and its winter time for us as well, so keep those pictures coming, they're like a little ray of sunshine ;)

Also, while I know this is not a literary blog, if you want a laugh out loud (over and over) read, try "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius". I'm about half way through, and its amazing.

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, Kel, I think that people gave up! You may need to send out a notification or something...

5:24 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Oh, I never give up looking for pictures of Johnny....he is so cute.

4:53 AM  
Blogger Uncle Mit said...

I seem to remember somebody puking down the front of your shirt at cinco de maio, but maybe something just spilled. Hang in there, spring is coming. Or you could read Ethan Frome and get REALLY bummed out. As Nan says, "this too shall pass" http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/frome/summary.html

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home