Wednesday, June 01, 2005

On Second Thought

I'll be heading to see my doctor shortly. I'm feeling hopeful that all is well and that I'm still the proud owner of a long, closed cervix. My buddy has been jumping around all day, as if to reassure me that he's pretty happy where he is now, and he'd like to stay there for as long as he should.

In other news, I think I've decided that "I'm Okay, You're Okay" is the new motto for the next few months. I got a wonderful voicemail and email from Tressa talking about how centering myself, and concentrating on myself and Tony and Baby A is really what I'm supposed to be doing right now. Not beating myself up for not being able to be all things to all people.

So I take it back. I take it all back. I am doing the absolute best that I can with the fears and hopes and reservations and dreams that I have and have had since Tony and I lost our first baby. I love my family and my friends, even when I don't do right by them. They love me when they do the same. Or they don't. But either way, we're all doing a good job, warm fuzzies, kumbayah and all that CRAP.

If you get mad at me, just remember that I BROKE MY TOILET SEAT JUST BY SITTING ON IT LAST NIGHT. THE WEIGHT OF MY ASS BROKE THE TOILET SEAT, PEOPLE. Do you think I need to cry about anything else right now?

Right. Me neither.

1 Comments:

Blogger Uncle Mit said...

Hey we love you even if you're crabby.
Sorry about your toilet seat, but remember, after last year's Chicago Marathon I accidently knocked down an Ethiopian woman with the shadow of my ass, and I wasn't pregnant.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home