Saturday, April 08, 2006

Clearing the Mechanism

He'll kill me for posting this picture. Here is Mr. Baseball himself, throwing his famous change-up about, oh, a hundred years ago.



I think T will be a little sad if Johnny doesn't love baseball the way he does. T loves baseball in a way that is contagious. I was pretty ambivalent myself, until I started watching it with him. It's kind of like watching baseball with Steve Stone. In fact, when Chip and Steve were still doing the television broadcasts in Chicago, sometimes T would say something that Stoney would repeat 3 seconds later. It was spooky. So, like I said, he'll be bummed if Johnny doesn't love the game. If he likes the White Sox? Well, then I'm guessing he may have to find another place to live.

In honor of T and the home opener, John decided to show his support for the team yesterday.


Even I'll admit he might have gone overboard.


If T is able to impart his love of the game to our son, well, that'll be terrific. If he can find a way to do that AND teach him that yes, what Nomar does before every at-bat IS ridiculous, so much the better.

I fear that may be too tall an order though. T is so baseball that he doesn't think what Nomar does is ridiculous. He is so baseball that he was irritated the Cubbies scored 16 runs on opening day. You see, they scored 16 runs last year on opening day, and what good came of that? T is SO BASEBALL that sometimes I think I should call him Pedro Cerrano.

I am so excited about baseball this season. Not because the Cubs will do anything remarkable, but because my little guy is here this season, and I can listen to Pat and Ronnie while drinking a beer this season, and I can help T sacrifice that live chicken this season instead of having to lay in bed while he does it himself.

We're SO baseball!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband is a die. hard. Sox fan.

When Charlie was about 4 years old, he started liking the Cubs "a little bit". It was a sad (and irritating) day for his dad when he admitted it. Two and a half years later I think Scott has finally come to terms with the fact that his own flesh and blood actually likes both the Cubbies and the Sox. I know that just like Scott, Tony is a great dad who wouldn't let anything stand between him and his boy :) But just in case, maybe you should find a family therapist now....

4:26 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Well, there is always Dr. Amsler, Child Psychologist.

If we need a pediadontist though, we can call you, right?

HA. I love you, real anonymous.

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My partner and I do happen to have an office in Wrigleyville...

6:03 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

That picture of Johnny is GORGEOUS (and you know I'm saying that despite what he is wearing) If he needs to find a Sox-friendly place to live in the future, well, you know he can always come here. Great picture of T pitching, glad it made it to the internet.

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://yftusfrj.com/fxow/ckpf.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://lhcabmsf.com/owep/lrlz.html]Cool site[/url]

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://yftusfrj.com/fxow/ckpf.html | http://szeaezyz.com/rrgb/uxbb.html

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home