Thursday, February 23, 2006

Here, Let Me Prove It.



See? EWWWWWWWW. Claire called it "Hamptons Hair." Claire also called my voicemail today, and sang most of this song, so you know her heart is only full of the goodness, but still.

Anyway, this is not about me, it is about Johnny, lest we forget.

Johnny is the bestest baby ever starting yesterday. Yesterday, he took two naps that each exceeded two hours in length. That is looooonnnnng, unlike my hair. I hardly knew what to do with myself! The second nap happened while I was getting my coat and shoes on to take us out for an afternoon walk in the beautiful weather. Boyfriend was hanging out in his crib, all snugged up in his snowsuit. In the 3 minutes it took me to get ready, he crashed out. So as I unsnugged him, he woke up for a second, beamed a huge smile at me, rolled over and fell back to sleep. That is when I decided that there has never been a better baby, ever.

By the time he woke up, Uncle Tim was over for Wednesday Night Crazy Club, the abbreviated version. He could only stay for an hour, then he had to go to the Bulls game. Tim had enough time to make Johnny laugh and give him a bottle. Oh, he also had enough time to make up the cruelest nickname you ever did hear for my sweet little boy. Ready? He is now calling Johnny "veal."

See, Uncle Tim thought that Johnny didn't need the bottle that was ready for him when he woke up. I could list all the reasons why Uncle Tim is wrong, but:
A. I don't want to
B. I don't have to. I'm the mommy, do what I say. Respect my authoritay.

So according to Uncle Tim, I force feed Johnny, and only let him move around in enclosed spaces. Hence- "veal." I am NOT ON BOARD with this nickname, and I suspect it will annoy me even more than "Uncle Paul, everybody" does. Awesome.

Today Johnny flirted with losing the designation of best baby ever, but he is cute, so I decided he gets to keep it.

My short hair makes me tough like that.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sewer rat...

When are you going to update your blog???

5:05 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Damn, SueSue got here first. Next time it'll be me....
I still remember Tim calling Jon "coconut head" - seems like yesterday. But VEAL??? No way. I need to see him, btw - I need my baby fix.
On another note, Kel, is there any way you could train me to put a link to "The Big Day Approaches" on FamilyBlog? Tks. Kisses to all....

5:14 AM  
Blogger Uncle Mit said...

Ol' veal is definately the cutest kid around. Good to know that Wednesdays will soon be able to feature a walk to the park as warmer longer days are on the way.

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here we go....

who's Pete?

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, but sewer rat...when you click on your profile, it says you have a blog. There are two entries. One is testing, testing. The other is a picture of someone with a water gun?

I don't nee Tony to tell me I'm a loser. I knew that already. ANd you know what they say

birds of a feather, comment together.

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

broads is much better. Thank you for being considerate of my feelings :)

oh, and as far as being anonymous goes,

my original name has to do with breastfeeding, and I don't was to open up that can of worms again...

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony - see what I mean about the can of worms? I hear crickets chirping...

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home