Monday, April 03, 2006

Know It Nothing



This is Johnny and his cool cousin Kari. Kari came over last week to talk about things like emo music and scene kids.

I was like, emu farm? Seen kids? Huh? I am old. OOOOOOOLLLLLLD. I am, however, okay with it. As long as Kari keeps making me cool CD's and pretending that she still thinks boys are yucky, it is all good.

She was over for a special edition of Wednesday Night Crazy Club, and it might have been the occasion, (9 year anniversary of gram's death) because I went to bed all sentimental, thinking about my aunt's baby holding my mom's baby's baby. Ah. Now Nan and Weezie feel old. Good times, good times.

Since my last update, John has not learned to crawl, sit up unassisted or grown any hair. Total underachiever, that kid. He has popped a tooth and a half, so there is much rejoicing in the land except if you live in our house where it's all whine, all the time. Seriously? His teensy tooth is really cute and he obviously hates it, so we're okay with the fact that it'll fall out in a handful of years. Also, who are the people that told me that once he cut the first tooth, the rest wouldn't bother him so badly? You people who said that LIED. You big, lying liars. The funniest part of this whole teething business is the way I keep trying to shape it into some kind of predictable procedure. I keep trying to count the number of fussy days, and divide them by the height of the teensy tooth, so I can tell you what will happen the next time.

Well, I still don't know shit. I have no idea if he's fussy at any particular moment because of the teeth, or the weather, or because David Strathairn didn't win the Oscar. So, X/Y= I have no fucking idea, okay universe? STOP MOCKING ME.

In random other news, we keep meaning to buy a camcorder, because we have no video of this child, omigod, shoot us. I for one, will be bummed out if we don't get film of Johnny rolling himself all over this house. I have decided that he won't crawl, because why crawl when you can roll to your chosen destination? Crawling is so 2004. It is really funny, and makes me think he's a genius think-outside-the-box kinda guy. Oh, let's look at more pictures of him, okay?

I love that last picture. He chomps on Lambie's soft parts until he falls alseep. Is that a teething thing? Or is it that he's dying for a gyro? See? I know NOTHING.

13 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Hmmm, Kel, my baby holding your mom's baby's baby....I think I just turned 103 years old! Add the home ownership/wedding into the mix and YIKES!!
Also, the rolling is adorable. He is so smart, and I'm not just saying that because we're all relatives.
And the Horse Behind?? Har har - still laughing.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must know where you found that cute lamb. My son is a lambophile, and I'm always looking for good ones for his collection. -Kristen

6:22 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Nan will know, she got it for him. It is awesomely sleep-inducing, so it's CLEARLY a must have. It even says "John Joseph" on the blankety bottom.

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Kristen took my username...

8:47 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Anonymous-Kristin -

http://www.personalcreations.com/shop/thumbnail.asp?world_code=2&ensemble_code=4120X&search_type=subcategory&search_words=lamb

Whew!! It's lambie.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Lynne, I was a great-aunt 15 years ago (by marriage, of course, since I'm WAY TOO YOUNG otherwise lol) when Bill's nephew Michael had Amber. Imagine being 35 and a great aunt, and pregnant on top of it all. Sympathy, schmimpathy.

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nancy,

If you were 35 years old 15 years ago, how do you not look a day over 39 right now????

Signed -

The real anonymous

12:16 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Real anonymous, I love you.

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my face is all over the internet.
im an overnight celebrity.

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

knocked her up -

did Al Gore invent it?

9:12 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Why yes, Al Gore DID invent it. George Bush just likes to monitor it all day long.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Kelly, reading these comments puts me in mind of a conversation that you, Gram, Weez, and I had years ago. We were talking, you starting explaining something, Gram started talking about something totally different and you pointed out that we never followed a thought all the way through to a conclusion. And these comments started with John Joseph and ended with Al Gore and Dubya. Whoa!!

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I wanted to thank you for your feisty/spirited comment today and I can't find your email address on here. I have mashed avocado brain.

Also that baby and his little frown? Sooo cute.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home