Sunday, November 12, 2006

Phony Bennett

I was catching up on my TiVo last night, so I turned on SNL really late. But not too late to catch the Tony Bennett sketch, which was the funniest thing that I've seen on SNL in a loooooong time. It was like Debbie Downer funny. Belly laugh funny. I'm so glad that I caught it.

So let me tell you about these awesome books I'm reading/have read lately:

The Wind-up Bird Chronicle - Haruki Murakami
I have no idea what the hell is going on about 200 pages in, but I don't care. I love it.

The Book of Lost Things - John Connolly
Oh, I loved this book. I could have done without the ball peen hammering that was the last chapter on the Crooked Man, but I still loved it.

Marie Antoinette: The Journey - Antonia Fraser
This is Gabi's fault. We saw and loved the movie so now we must read the book.

Side note: Overuse of word "love?" Check.

The Memory Keeper's Daughter - Kim Edwards
I read it for book club. It was sad.

Elements of Style - Wendy Wasserstein
I love the rug being pulled out from under me. This a wicked send-up, and I'm sorry that the world is minus one Wendy Wasserstein.



Look at the SIZE of that tooth! It's like he stuck a chiclet back there. He's getting the twin now, so he's of super pleasant disposition this morning. Poor guy. At least he didn't leave his heart in Sam Clam's Disco.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you reading Marie Antoinette right now? Can you wait for me to get a copy so we can read it together?

And by the way, that is one adorable grin on that kid!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

He is SO CUTE I can't stand it!

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...when are you going to blog all about your new bra and your new best friend??? Also, put something in about the "anti-child" society we live in...

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home