Saturday, January 05, 2008

Begin Again

So here it is, the beginning of a new year, and my butt is bigger than North America. AGAIN. So my resolutions are simple. Simple and often made.


I wish food and I could have a nice, normal relationship, but we don't. We have a love you till it hurts thing going on instead. I'm going back to WW, but I'm also going to concentrate on eating real food, mostly plants, and not a lot.

Tim told me about that theory over a couple of Big Macs at the last crazy club. Ironic! Sick! No surprise that I'm hippo-sized!


I was going to do Medifast this time because I feel totally disgusting and quite uncomfortable, but I don't feel like that is going to help me repair my habits. Honestly I spend half the time thinking that WW doesn't really repair them either, as I'm always scrambling around to find the biggest portion with the fewest amount of points, but it is a better eating plan in the long run.


Oh, I hate that I find myself here again. While I know it isn't hopeless, it sure does feel like the definition of insanity, you know? I hope I feel better after a few days of clean eating.


Happy FREAKING New Year.


6 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

At the shower today I can't tell you how many people told me how pretty you are. I think you look great.
What is that saying about how man is the only animal that will repeat the same behavior over and over expecting a different result, ok I've probably butchered that completely, but you get my drift? I guess I'm secretly hoping that if I eat ENOUGH Big Macs my body will become immune?? I'll join you on the fresh food thing.

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here here (or is it hear hear- Tim your phone is ringing). You look fine, and sure can hear a lot better than me, but if it makes you feel better go for it. Chrissy told me the carrots we bought at the store (Sunday)were the first fruits or veggies she's had since she's been home, so I'm not the best example. Maybe you can take a page from gramma Mary and dance through the supermarket.....
Love,
uncle Tim

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you seen Elaine I mean Kelly dance?

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

caputo's delivers : ) that's what i'm going to do...you cannot avoid produce when it's waiting for you at the door. well, i guess you could never leave the house...also studies show ppl eat less calories when they have soup in a meal...with a few gallons of it coming your way you will do well.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Well once again, I admire your honesty. It's really refreshing. Much more Refreshing than the coworker today who asked me if I'd gained back the weight I'd lost.
Seriously. So, where are those greens?

5:08 PM  
Blogger Gabi said...

Kel,

You look just as adorable now as you did in good old 1990! Man, that year looks ancient.

Love to my oldest friend -

Gabi

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home