Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I Don't Like Candy Corn

Halloween is over!October is almost over! Bite me, October.
T's surgery went well, but there was more damage than expected. Then? Than? I'm so tired I can't even care. In addition to the tears in his labrum, there was a bone spur in his rotator cuff and his biceps tendon was ruptured. What would have been a 6-8 week recovery is now around the 4-5 month mark. The block in his shoulder didn't work, so he had a lot of trouble with pain management right off the bat. The narcotics and anesthesia made him quite nauseous- so lots of pain and lots of puking. FUN!

He feels a little better today, but it is just not in his nature to patiently recover. He is anxious, bummed that it was worse than (again with the then than conundrum) they thought, and he hates sitting around feeling like crap. Which is universal, to be sure- but T NEVER sits down. He's not a sit down and relax kinda guy. Long story short: It should be a FABULOUS 4-5 months.
Johnny had a Halloween party at "school" today, and then we had our neighborhood party here at our house. One gimp and one stressed-out shrew do not a fun party make. Fortunately, we are blessed with a great group of friends and neighbors, so nobody will hold this year against us. Truly, it was a perfectly fun evening. Not our best effort, but perfectly fun.

My mom is in the hospital, but is okay, and will probably be home Friday. She'll kill me if I tell the internet why she's in the hospital, so too bad for you, internet. My gramp is in the hospital too, (this ALL happened this morning) and he may not be okay. I can't even think about that until tomorrow.
Again I say bite me, October.

I just keep moving. I have a million things to do, and if I sit down, I crash. Since about 5:30 Monday morning, I've been more productive than I've ever been in my life. I have to type while sitting down, so I'll end it here to spare a meeting of my forehead with this keyboard. I hope you all got the good candy.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is way too much to deal with it once. I hope all your loved ones getter feeling better really soon.

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you guys have a lot on your plate, I hope you'll ask if you need help. On the other hand, short of Beaver and Wally showing up for trick or treats, trick or treating with the little guy in your neighborhood, in that weather was a magical and nostalgic experience for me. It did help that Johnny threatened to "call the shop steward" when I told him we had to get back home. Also he filed a greivance when I ate his "munch" or cinnamon goldfish. Talk about being realistic to your costume... Thanks for having me over, because it seems awfully fast that the little kids I knew are grown up with families of there own.
-Uncle Tim

9:17 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Or "their" own, as Matt will undoubtedly point out to you, Sticker. It looks like the party was a howling success, Kel, and I've always thought most UPS guys are cuties, but Johnny takes the cake. See you tomorrow, practice deep breathing....

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home