Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Can't. Sit. Down.

Why did I want him to crawl so freaking bad?

No, really, why?

I've been itching to write about how things are now at our house, how every thing we own poses some fatal threat to the little streak of flesh-covered lightning that lives here. How I'm so TIRED. I wondered about my fatigue this weekend, about how maybe it meant something else, something sinister. But then John took four hours of naps for three days straight and still slept all night, so I figured that he's as tired out by his sudden mobility as I am.

Or, he was saving up for last night's THREE HOUR TANTRUM EXTRAVAGANZA during the wee hours.

Not that I'm bitter.

I can't seem to find time for fun activities that don't involve crawling patrol, stapling all my furniture to the ceiling in a babyproofing frenzy, or rocking back and forth with my head in my hands while John is sleeping, readying myself for the next bout of babychasing.

Crawling=OVERRATED, BITCHES.

Anyway, I know we'll figure out this crawling business with a modicum of devastating injury. And I'll soon forget that there used to be any other way. In the meantime, there are pillows. LOTS AND LOTS OF PILLOWS.











3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know how when Johnny was born, your 'life' became all about him? Well, now your house will, too! Say farewell to anything "nice"...it's hello, babyproof, goodbye decor :)

Not that I'm bitter, either..

6:33 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I personally am wondering about the winerack. You know, that one you have with the HANGING WINE GLASSES that are just about arm's reach for the "man of motion" as Matt calls him.

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As soon as he crawls, you'll be all:
"Mother of Pete, please go back to lolling contentedly in baby lolling land immediately."

Trust me. No one told me it gets harder when they start to crawl. It totally does (but it is damned cute. and kind of heartwrenching)

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home