Wednesday, June 14, 2006

TARTAR SAUCE!

So, it only took him about 23 hours to figure out that pillows are no match for his clever mind, to say nothing of his beefy brawn.



I just totally grossed myself out with that last part, there.

Now what? My brilliant plans are foiled, my internet surfin', laundry load changin', quick tooth-brushin' while the baby is awake days are OVAH.

Seriously, not that I was queen multi-task before, but now? HOW, I ASK YOU HOW am I to get things done?

Okay, so I might be exaggerating a bit. I throw him in the backpack when I'm out watering the flowers or doing other gardening stuff. (Dear gardening, I hate you. Dear flowers, water yourSELVES, lazy asses.) I put him in the high chair or pack -n- play when I absolutely have to leave his side for a second- like to relieve my pesky bladder, or to fix some food for one of us. It's just such a change, is all. And ALL CHANGE IS BAD. Why adjust when you can complain is my motto.

We're having friends over for dinner tomorrow night. My house is FILTHY, my fridge is empty and my attitude? Let's not GO there. It will be interesting to see if I can get it all together to my satisfaction with Mr. CrampsMyStyle underfoot.

Because obviously I'm not into taking care of any of it right now, while my pretty one sleeps. I have laundry to change, teeth to brush, internets to surf.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Um, you probably will not "get it all together to your satisfaction" for the next, oh, 18 years or so. But the good news is that by then you realize it really didn't matter. Just go ahead and lower your standards now, save yourself a ton of grief!!

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't get the title...

8:29 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

That's because you don't let your kids watch NEARLY enough television.

(It's a SpongeBob thing.)

10:02 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

That'll help you get lucky. No, really.

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home