Thursday, September 14, 2006

About Last Night

This seals the deal.

Johnny ABSOLUTELY needs to read that freaking forest book. He has no idea how long the girls in Redwood could have survived on his dinner last night.

There was a beautiful steamed sweet potato,

Lovingly steamed green beans,


and DELICIOUS leftover pork tenderloin all chopped up into teeny bits.


What does the kid do?



(You all know where this is going, right?)



UnBELEIVable. And then, to add insult to injury? He finally decides I'm speaking his culinary language when I break out the BABY GOLDFISH.

There were a shocking few of these on the floor, I assure you.



How else to convey that the only goldfish he'll find in the forest are the ones swimming in the post-nuclear pools but insist he read the damn book? Never mind that there won't be anything BABY about those mutant freaks. Shape it up, buddy or it's acorn mush, white tea and fern fronds in lieu of wipes, you got me?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm...acorn mush....

6:05 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Ouch! Fern fronds!

2:01 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

And I trust he said "boom!" each time something hit the floor. He cracks me up.
Happy Birthday Kelly!!

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay...I suck.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Keep the book posts coming ;)

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home