Monday, September 11, 2006

Monday

I'm mad at Gabi.

I want to sell all my unnecessary belongings, reevaluate my efforts to conserve and die of shame for being a materialistic pig.

I read Into the Forest on her recommendation and I can hardly look around my house today without feeling some massive guilt.

Thanks, Gabi!



Here's Johnny, "helping" me clean the basement and wasting the precious resources of our planet. Geez Johnny, haven't you ever read Into the Forest?

More to come this week. I have to tell you about The! Wedding! and The! Pregnancy! Scare!

But not today. Today I feel quiet. And guilty.

Thanks, Gabi!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I didn't feel guilty at all when I read the book, just sort of hopeless, iykwim...

For more depressing reads, check out "Family Matters" by Rohinton Mistry.

PS...Johnny can waste all the resources he wants!

7:07 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Kel, thanks for taking that particular photo of Johnny showing his right side, not showing the Gorbachev-like red mark on his forehead. I feel less guilty. Not, however, about the planet, but crap! Now that you're a mom, can't you just see how much OTHER stuff there is to feel guilty about too? You could choose something new to feel guilty about EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR and never repeat yourself.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home