Monday, July 24, 2006

Captain Danger

Seriously.

You hear the stories about the time a parent "turned their head for a MINUTE," and, if you are HUGE ASSHOLE like me, you roll your eyes as soon as the person looks away. You figure that they probably were talking on the phone, paying bills and juggling torches while Junior was digging through the knife drawer. No wonder something bad happened, right?

Well. Consider me a totally reformed, former HUGE ASSHOLE because today it happened to me. I turned around for one second, before we were headed out the door and what I saw when I turned back about stopped my heart. My son was crawling toward me with a huge smile on his face, and a mouthful of blood. A lot of blood. Like, Jaws a lot. Like a scene out of Slap Shot a lot.

God.

I have no idea how he split the inside of his lip, but there you go- he did, and it only took a second, and man I must have aged about 29 years this morning.

God.

Poor little person.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!!! You can take your eye rolls and shove it!

Just kidding.

hope your buddy heals quickly!

Claire

Oh, and will the other anonymouses please sign your name, I keep trying to figure out who is who!

7:58 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I know what you mean exactly!! Everyone says that babies "are so fast" and I thought yeah yeah. But now I know, they are FAST!

6:24 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

As I'm sure you know, this is only the first of many, many times you'll think of those eye rolls and cringe. Trust me.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

They let kids in RESTAURANTS???

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey - that baby is so. darn. cute. and I'm glad hes giving you all the life lessons we(the collective) couldn't ;)

I read your naughty mommy book...she actually had a lot of great things to say. I don't think I'll ever be as naughty as she is - I mean, some of the stuff she did as a naughty non-mommy???? Zoinks!!! But I definitely think she offers an intersting perspective on sex and marriage. I like that she wasn't all about pushing her baby away to achieve her naughtiness.

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home