Friday, July 21, 2006

Where I've Been and Oh My God.

Well, it's just been too hot to post. Or breathe, or do anything. Did you know I'm not pregnant this summer and I'm REALLY GLAD about that? Dear pregnant ladies everywhere- it's too hot to be pregnant! Celebrate some other holiday, and leave Christmas and New Year's Eve out of it, okay? Love, me.

So I have been one of four places in the past three weeks: hanging with my boys, at Weight Watchers, at a voice lesson or working out.

First, what is remarkable about any of this is that way back when I wrote the post about the sex book I had decided that some things needed to change around here. Well. The ratio of me making a big decision/pronouncement on change to change actually ocurring? Oh, not so much in my favor.

This time, it is quietly working out, and I'd like to keep it quiet for fear of fucking it all up per my usual MO. So, quietly as possible, I've lost nine pounds so far, and my voice will be ready for the two places I'm to use it in August. I feel good about these developments, I'm reaping the benefits of living more healthily and now let's just shush up about all of it.

As for the Oh My God portion of things, there are 128 people invited to John's first birthday. Yep. 128. OH MY GOD.

It isn't really our fault, T has 4 brothers, 1 sister and 12,000 first cousins. Most of those cousins really got into the whole "be fruitful and multiply" thing, so when we count a family it has 10 or so members. I know that there will be plenty of folks who can't come, and there won't be anywhere near 128 people all milling around our backyard, but still. That is such an obnoxious number.

T has been on vacation this week, and we took John to the Children's Museum on Wednesday. John had fun playing with blocks and balls that were only slightly different from the blocks and balls that he plays with all day at home. Also, he is cute. Also, we can't WAIT until he can participate more fully in these little excursions because, FUN.



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love the DCM! Isn't the water table great?

RE: The Party - What if it rains?????

11:45 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Then everyone is going to get really wet.

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whispering woohoo 9 lbs! :)

-Claire

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I have an unscreened gazebo and a screened gazebo if you want to borrow them...

I didn't know if you were planning to move the party to tree guys if the weather didn't cooperate.

ps.

I didn't comment on your weight loss cause I'm jealous and immature like that.

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll hand that piece of cake to you through our milk box, though. We're not coming outside in the rain, I mean, come ON.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home