Monday, January 07, 2008

My Most Faithful Readers

Here are my favorite guys.

So, starting the better eating plan went off pretty well today. I already feel better, although I wouldn't say no to an entire french silk pie if it magically landed in my lap right now. That may be the root of the problem. There is nothing I would say no to when it comes to the wonders of dessert. I love it, and don't give me that one bite garbage. The last bite tastes the same as the first bite, this is true, but if the first bite tastes wonderful, why stop there? Eat the whole fucking thing, I say- and seconds and thirds if they are available!

So I will omit it entirely for awhile. Making tea is a thing that really helps me out during the first few days of a diet. The physical act of water, mug, teabag, steep and stir seems to distract me from the fridge forage that is a regular, constant activity during the hours after Johnny's bedtime. I know that hardcore WW's will remind me that it is not a diet. What they may not understand is that the alternative is french fries dipped in ranch paired with a chocolate cake shake, so YES IT IS. Will I never be overjoyed to tuck in to a plate of steamed vegetables and a sensible lean protein? Probably not. Will I do it? Why yes, and I'll call it a diet if I want to.

Also helpful is the fact that Johnny and I are back in the swing of things today. New classes began, and we'll be out of the house Monday-Thursday. I always say that I'm done with the Park District classes, but I just need for us to have a full schedule. I don't do well if I have to improvise our days. Left to our own devices, we'd OD on Noggin and wear only jammies. Structure is my friend.

Let us hope that the growling of my stomach won't wake Johnny tonight.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm, now I want pie, too. :)
- claire

7:37 PM  
Blogger Gabi said...

Kelly -

I swear some real cream in your tea would be very satisfying. A little fat goes a long way. And honestly - lean protein begets lean protein - the more steak I eat, the more I crave. Check out 'Nourishing Traditions' from the smelly book lender, er, I mean the public library.

Gabi

9:05 PM  
Blogger Gabi said...

note:

I do not wear combat boots.

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wondering, doesn't a little fat(real cream)beget a little more fat?


Body by Jake

6:32 PM  
Blogger Gabi said...

Jake -

Actually, that's a myth. When Kelly checks out the book I recommended above, maybe she can read the pertinent parts to you...

:P

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you still have such a good sense of humor when your going through such a difficult time.Please send my sympathy's to Scott.

Jake aka banana hands

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home