Sunday, January 13, 2008

Snippets

I wonder if I'll forget how Johnny's vocabulary exploded seemingly overnight this winter. It is amazing how we've gone from isolated words here and there, to full-on sentences. It is mostly wonderful, but sometimes I hear my own words coming from that sweet child's mouth and then I want to DIE.

Last week in the car: "Oh, Jesus. JESUS, JESUS JEEEEESUS." This was particularly fun, as we were in the car with T's Nona.

Yesterday, after a spontaneous walk to the park: "Hi, mama. I fun walka park, sanks!" Of course, before we could hustle out the door to catch the remaining sunshine I tried to put his shoes on: "I too busy, mama."

This morning, while getting some milk out of the refrigerator: "Wow, you strong, mama! Good job!"

Also this morning, as heard over the monitor: "I get up! Mama! Daddy! Turn fan off? Get up? Get up wight now. I so hungry! I so firsty! I SO MAD. Get up wiiiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhht nooooooooooowwwww."

He's really big on telling his loved ones to be careful. "Be careful drivin' Unca Bince!" "Bye, grama! Be careful!"

Far and away though my favorite is what he tells his father after their good-night kiss. "JUICY, daddy!"


He's the best kid!

3 Comments:

Blogger Gabi said...

Oh, Kel - you captured his voice perfectly! It really is amazing how it happens. I don't know where he gets it from though....

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh! He is SOOO cute!!!! What a talker! Man! When is he coming out with his own blog???
-claire

8:22 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

I don't know what C and B liked better - the Chargers video or the vocabulary! We are sitting here just giggling away!
And I may be the only one here rooting for those *%#@! Patriots!

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home