Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Good News, Finally!

I didn't want to update Friday after my appointment because it was the worst doctor's appointment in the universe.

I was sent to the hospital for observation because my cervix likes to go all shrinky-dink on me, and it had funneled down to 1.5 cm while I was on the ultrasound tech's table.

My brother Matt and I used to LOVE shrinky-dinks and wanted to do them all the time. I remember one Christmas we got a set of Mighty Mouse shrinky-dinks and they were the coolest ever. It felt so scientific to color these big ol' plastic things, stick them in the oven, and have them come out so miniature and cute! With all the coloring mistakes minimized, even!

I digress.

So I had to stay at the hospital for about 4 hours on Friday, and they sent me home with instructions that sounded like I was a time bomb waiting to go off at ANY MOMENT. I was bummed, to say the least. I mean, I keep wondering how long my terror level can be sustained before it begins to cause some real damage. ENOUGH, CERVIX!!!!

We got through the weekend and even managed to have a few laughs, all because my husband is a saint, and we have family and friends that deserve to win the lottery all day, every day. I tried to forget that my cervix was smaller than the smallest Mighty Mouse shrinky dink and that I was due for more medical/obstetrical harrassment on Tuesday, and I mostly was able to.

So today I was ready for FOUR HOURS of appointments. I had a list of questions for the high-risk guys, my regular ob's, and all the nurses. I was TO BE FEARED.

Heh. My NST was fine, my baby was perfect, and my cervix was measured at 3 cm. THREE CENTIMETERS. With no observed funneling. I continue to bore the shit out of the high-risk doctor's office, and THAT IS FINE WITH ME, BITCHES.

I didn't even have to go to my regular appointment. My doc and I just talked on the phone. She said that what we are doing is working, and to keep on keepin' on, with minor adjustments. I can sit up to eat, and I can do stairs once at night and once in the morning. I can also lay on a chair outside for a little bit of time during the day, provided it isn't too hot, and I stay on my side. Now I know what prison furlough must feel like! Whoo-hoo!

I feel like I can totally handle this now. One more month, six more weeks, whatever it takes. I will lay down until September 9th, happily even, if it means that I'm doing my best for Baby A. Now that I know it is working, I'm so relieved.

Thank you for thinking good thoughts for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home