Friday, August 19, 2005

(Re)Birth

I read the last post just now through my haze of fatigue and joy. I can't believe that it was a week ago that I sat and wrote it.

John Joseph was born on Sunday, August 14th at 7:25 p.m. He and I labored all day, and pushed for two hours, but he was brought into this world via a Cesarean birth. The little guy just couldn't get his head in the right spot.

I have been wanting to talk about his birthday and the past 5 days, and how it must feel to be so new to the world, but I'm tired, and it is obvious that my son has previously walked this earth. He is patient, sweet and a lot of hard work.

Tony and I have spent this week loving him and each other, learning about how life is going to be so different now. We are in the midst of a whirling dervish and I think that for a change, we are just going to let go and enjoy the ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home