Thursday, September 08, 2005

His Uncle Matt














You can't tell so much from this picture, but Johnny does look like my brother Matt. What you can tell from this picture is how jaundiced my boy was right when we brought him home. I mean, he looks like a Coldplay song. I suppose the outfit doesn't help matters, though.

Poor little buddy. He's all better now, thank goodness.

From what my mom tells me, Johnny looks and acts much like his Uncle Matt did as an infant as well. He enjoys screaming during the wee hours, sleeping all day, and screaming during the wee hours. He will also fall COMPLETELY asleep in my arms and wake up the MILLISECOND that I put him down, so he can continue screaming. Matt did all of this. Now you all know why our mom likes me better. Basically, it sounds like my brother Matt was a giant pain in the ass until just about last year, (if you are asking me,) and I'm beginning to worry that my son will be too. Good thing he's so cute.

So back to the wee hours and the screaming. It has driven me to sleep with Johnny, all snuggled up on the couch, for at least 2 hours at a time. It is about as restful as it sounds, or you know, NOT AT ALL. The snuggling is our little line in the sand, as it causes T and my mom to have teeny little heart attacks when they catch us at it, but we don't care-- we're tired. From all the screaming.

I may try putting the Star Wars DVD on a continuous loop to determine whether or not the kid is EXACTLY like his Uncle Matt. It'd be about the only thing that would shut him up.

May the force be with us.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

So what's the deal with all the blogsales people and their pitches?? Weird.
Matt WAS definitely a night baby - and I remember thinking how much fun it was to stay up with him all night when I'd go visit for the weekend. Those were the days.
Kiss John for me. And p.s.- I slept on the couch with Jon and Dave ALL the time. We loved it. They survived it. I got ten minutes of sleep at a time. How can that be wrong???

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home