Tuesday, September 13, 2005

One Month

Wow. I can't believe it has been a month already. Johnny had a monthly doctor appointment yesterday, and confirmed that indeed he is a little peeg, by weighing in at 8 pounds and 1 ounce. He also slept for almost 5 hours last night! I feel like a new person.

I'm trying not to expect that it will happen with any regularity at this point, but a girl can hope. He still gets the best sleep when he's cuddled up with me, and I'd be lying if I said that it doesn't make me anxious that he'll NEVER want to sleep in his crib, but he's only a month old, right?

I'm trying to trust my instincts, here- but it's hard. There are a lot of dueling opinions floating around Casa A these days. I just have to keep telling myself that my month old baby can NOT manipulate me.

(He totally COULD, for the record, but I simply don't think he's able to at this point, is all I'm saying. But his little month-old self could convince me to eat glass. I love him that stinkin' much).

And why wouldn't I ? Have you ever seen a cuter face?

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:58 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

He is SO cute! Cuddle all you possibly can, and store it all up. Then you'll have all those sweet memories to salve your bleeding heart the first time he wriggles out of a hug because he's late to go play baseball! Remember Kari used to climb into bed with us in the middle of the night EVERY SINGLE NIGHT and hog the whole bed. We would warn her that no, her husband and kids can't sleep in our bed too so she'd better start sleeping in her own room. And every single morning for about 10 months Bill and I would discuss whether this was harmful psychologically, should we put our foot down, yes/no, no/yes blah blah blah. And as far as I can tell WE had more lasting harm/stress than she did over it. As for your son, I'm kindof like ADDICTED to him to tell you the truth. I would like to hold him and just stare at him for a few hours. Or days. Or whatever. Give him a big kiss from me.

5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home