Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Crunchy Granola Tastes Gooooooooood!

I am so excited.

As I think we have established to DEATH by now, I have wanted, since becoming pregnant, to achieve earthmotherlonghairednursinggoddess glowiness. Right. Then actual, real life kicked my ass and eventually the healing power commenced, but not enough to make me finally shut up on the subject once and for all.

So, like confidence, grace, cloth diapering and breastfeeding, I thought that babywearing was also going to be out of my reach. I just COULD NOT figure it out. I am the goldilocks of baby carriers. I have tried the Bjorn, the Nojo and the Snugli without consistent success. One had too many buckles and razor trimmed legholes based on the amount of screaming it produced by the carried, one was awesome when Johnny was tiny, but now would be more like a slingSHOT, as Wiggly McSquirmers would try to catapult himself right out of the damn thing if I were to put him inside it, and the other was too small and also razor trimmed.

I kept looking, in a half-hearted sort of way, not really believing there was anything out there that would work for us. I checked out this website and read a lot of reviews. I really liked the look of the Happypouch and when I read the instructions I fell in love. Other carriers seem to require the flexibility of a yoga master and the brains of Stephen Hawking to wear and use. This one is suited to a stiff dope like myself.

I confess, I STILL didn't believe that it would work comfortably, I ordered it in spite of myself. I figured if I hated it, it would still be used when S's new baby arrives. When it arrived today, I immediately put it on and it WAS easy, and it DID feel super comfortable!

I'm a little in love with it. Let us model it for you:



S told me it was very slimming. S LIES. But I don't care! I can wear my baby!

Shield your eyes, folks. I'm glowing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Just. Awesome.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Poor T.! I think you need to make a whole page devoted to T. In your spare time, of course.
(j/k T....talk to "B" and he will tell you the same thing, but 22 years later)

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home