Friday, June 30, 2006

A Point to Prove

Ugh.

T and I have a wedding to go to tomorrow, and it is causing me all kinds of undue stress. First, there is the clothing issue; deciding which articles of clothing will best conceal your post-baby fat is no small feat.

Then there is the guest list. There will be a bunch of folks there that I haven't seen in a long time. Most of them don't know that I am sane now, a generally happy person living a generally contented life. I was different when I used to see most of these folks regularly- I was flirting with disaster, trying to save a person who didn't want to be saved, who almost talked me into sinking to the bottom with him. It musn't have been very fun to watch, and I don't blame anyone who wrote me off back then.

So to see them tomorrow is making me really nervous. I've been ridiculously preparing for it by buying a new dress, waxing, tweezing, polishing, etc.

And shamefully, I've been trying to get a really cute picture of my son to carry with me in case anyone asks. No ordinary picture will do, you see. It has to be the cutest picture that ever cuted.
I am gross and ASHAMED and trying to USE MY SON AS EVIDENCE OF MY REDEMPTION.



But more importantly, which one do you like better?





Man, I reallyreallyreally don't even know why we're going.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Go. You may reconnect, you may not. But just be yourself. IIRC, you weren't exactly the only person in a "searching" phase of their life back then - you were in good company. So go, have fun, smile, laugh, have a night out. And who says you only have to bring ONE picture of the cutest baby our family has ever produced??? (yeah, sorry kids. I mean it.)

1:13 PM  
Blogger littlemissme said...

I vote for the top, as well.

Just be your (now better) self. You don't have to tell them how different you are, they'll see.

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, that little grin is precious.

Knock em dead.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home